Based made the recommendations of the Subcommittee on Countermeasures to Combat the Novel Coronavirus on June 16, 2021, the following criteria will be used to determine whether or not Tourism Expo Japan 2021 Osaka/Kansai can be held.
1.Hold the event as scheduled by restricting participation to within 50% of each building’s capacity, or less than 5,000 people.
(1) National standard: The number of visitors should be limited to 50% of the capacity of the facility.
(2) Venue: Maximum capacity of 5,000 persons per building.
(3) Number of visitors: 100,000
2.Postponement or cancellation
(1) National standard: In the event that restrictions on cross-prefecture movement due to the declaration of a state of emergency.
(2) Venue: When the event is postponed or canceled due to the declaration of a state of emergency or the issuance of priority measures to prevent the spread of the disease.
(3) Organizer: When the organizer finds that it is difficult to hold the event safely and securely due to (1) and (2) of this section, as well as progression of the infection throughout Japan. When the organizer deems it necessary to postpone or cancel the event in consideration of the recommencement of international exchange and economic and social activities.
A conclusion will be discussed and decided upon at the Executive Committee meeting on July 19, 2021.