Personal Information Protection Policy for Tourism EXPO Japan Organized by the Japan Travel and Tourism Association and the Japan Association of Travel Agents (JATA)
The Japan Travel and Tourism Association and the Japan Association of Travel Agents (JATA) (hereinafter the “organizers”) collect and use personal information only to the extent required to smoothly and safely operate JATA Tourism EXPO Japan and related events.
1. Collection, use and provision of personal information
(1) Definition of personal information
The organizers define personal information as all of the information that can identify a specific individual.
(2) Collection, use, and provision of personal information
The organizers appropriately collect, use, and provide personal information taking into consideration the contents and scope of the operations of JATA Tourism EXPO Japan that they organize. Further, except under exceptional circumstances, the collected information will not be disclosed or provided to a third party without the permission of the individual to which the information pertains.
(3) Outsourcing of personal information processing
In the even the processing of the personal information is outsourced, the organizers shall select contractors that satisfy the required level of proficiency in protecting personal information and shall bind them by agreement to not disclose or otherwise inappropriately handle personal information.
2. Proper management of personal information
To keep the collected personal information accurate and up to date and to prevent the unauthorized access to, and loss, destructions, tampering, and leakage, etc., of personal information, the organizers will assign management resources that match the operational circumstances for implementing rationally safe measures and for improving the continuity of the personal information security system. In addition, corrective measures will be taken quickly in the event a problem occurs.
3. Compliance with laws, ordinances, and guidelines
The organizers will comply with the laws, ordinances, and guidelines pertaining to personal information. Further, the provisions of the organizers shall comply with these laws, ordinances, and other provisions to handle the personal information as prescribed.
Handling of Personal Information
1. Purpose of Use of Personal InformationThe purpose of use of personal information shall be to send products and to provide related services for the planning and execution of JATA Tourism EXPO Japan. The organizers shall use the personal information obtained to date for the same purpose and shall state the purpose of use each time personal information written in documents, etc., is collected. (Act on the Protection of Personal Information Article 24 Section 1 Paragraph 18 Item 2.)
2. Management of Personal InformationA person responsible for the management of personal information shall be assigned with a clear role and this person shall create an environment for conducting activities for the proper protection of personal information.
The contact information for the person who is responsible for the management of personal information shall be stated below.
3. Provision of Personal InformationPersonal information will not be disclosed to a third party except in the case of the following.
When permission is received from the customer.
When a request for information disclosure is received from an organization with due authority, such as a court, public prosecutor’s office, police, bar association, or consumers’ center.
In addition to the preceding items, when there is a duty of disclosure in response to a legal order, etc.
When the organizers contract out operations to a contractor. In this case, said contractor shall follow the “Entrusting of Personal Information.”
4. Entrusting of Personal InformationIn the course of operations, the organizers may outsource part of the operations to improve the service provided to the customers. Thus, personal information may be entrusted to the contractor. In this case, a contractor that is recognized as being able to properly handle the personal information will be selected and bound by agreement, etc., to suitably manage, maintain confidentiality, and otherwise handle the personal information to properly manage and determine appropriate measures for preventing leakage of the customers’ personal information.
5. Personal Information Disclosure, Updating, Etc.In the event the organizers receive from the customer or the customer’s representative a request to disclose, correct, add to, delete, cease use, remove, or cease disclosure to a third party of the customer’s personal information received from the customer, the request shall be dealt with under adequate and reasonable circumstances.
However, this does not apply if there is deemed to be a risk to the life, health, property, or other benefits of another customer, or a marked interference in the execution of the operations of the organizing associations.
Supplement: Created March 21, 2014
Address: Zen-Nittsu Kasumigaseki Bldg. 4F, 3-3-3 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
TEL: +81 (0) 35510 2004