Personal Information Protection Policy for Tourism EXPO Japan Organized by the Japan Travel and Tourism Association and the Japan Association of Travel Agents (JATA)
The Japan Travel and Tourism Association and the Japan Association of Travel Agents (JATA) (hereinafter the “organizers”) collect and use personal information only to the extent required to smoothly and safely operate JATA Tourism EXPO Japan and related events.
- 1. Collection, use and provision of personal information
- (1) Definition of personal informationThe organizers define personal information as all of the information that can identify a specific individual.
- (2) Collection, use, and provision of personal informationThe organizers appropriately collect, use, and provide personal information taking into consideration the contents and scope of the operations of JATA Tourism EXPO Japan that they organize. Further, except under exceptional circumstances, the collected information will not be disclosed or provided to a third party without the permission of the individual to which the information pertains.
- (3) Outsourcing of personal information processing In the even the processing of the personal information is outsourced, the organizers shall select contractors that satisfy the required level of proficiency in protecting personal information and shall bind them by agreement to not disclose or otherwise inappropriately handle personal information.
- 2. Proper management of personal information
- To keep the collected personal information accurate and up to date and to prevent the unauthorized access to, and loss, destructions, tampering, and leakage, etc., of personal information, the organizers will assign management resources that match the operational circumstances for implementing rationally safe measures and for improving the continuity of the personal information security system. In addition, corrective measures will be taken quickly in the event a problem occurs.
- 3. Compliance with laws, ordinances, and guidelines
- The organizers will comply with the laws, ordinances, and guidelines pertaining to personal information. Further, the provisions of the organizers shall comply with these laws, ordinances, and other provisions to handle the personal information as prescribed.